Tantrums and Everything

by Allison @ Alli 'n Son on July 21, 2010

I’m thankful for piles of laundry, as far as the eye can see…

[singlepic id=483 w=450]

Vacuuming a shredded pull up off the floor (thankfully it was clean…this time)…

[singlepic id=484 w=450]

Scrubbing burnt-on food off the oven top…

And down right boring afternoons, playing with balls for the um-teenth time…

[singlepic id=485 w=450]

Why am I so incredibly thankful?

Because this little piece of domesticity is mine. It’s something that we {me and Dad-oo} worked so very hard to reach. The thing we are constantly moving around and through to make it work. So yes, I’m thankful for the normal-ness of every day life with the kiddo. Tantrums, and everything. And I think that is the best kind of good mom moment.

I’m also thankful for everyone who has linked up with me these last few weeks. I’d like to say thanks by having guest posters for the Thank You Journal. If you are interested, leave me a comment.

What are you thankful for this week?

Link up and share your Thank You Journal. Please make sure that you link back, or even better, use the Thank You Journal button. See all of the official rules.
P.S. If you find a post that really speaks to you, share it on Twitter with the hash tag #ThankYouJournal. Please help spread the word about my new blog carnival.
P.S(2): This post is proudly linked up with Mama Kat, Thankful Thursday and Bigger Picture Blogs {a weekly writing event dedicated to finding the Bigger Picture amidst the hectic everyday craziness in your week}.

{ 20 comments }

1 Corinne July 21, 2010 at 8:43 pm

It is such a gift to recognize even the banal moments as ours and wonderful :)
(promise to link up tomorrow… if it’s ok to combine my bigger picture moment and thank you journal at once… have been trying to figure out a way to do it the past few weeks but I don’t multiblog very well – I’m sorry!)

2 Allison July 22, 2010 at 3:16 pm

@Corinne, Of course it’s OK to multiblog. I do it all the time.

3 Christine LaRocque July 22, 2010 at 6:06 am

The randomness and wonderfullness of our days is certainly the perfect thing to honour. The very thing we often forget to remember. Thanks for this Allison! I adore your Thank You journal.

4 Allison July 22, 2010 at 3:17 pm

@Christine LaRocque, Thanks Christine! I so often forget to just stop and be thankful for today. I needed a remind of it this week too.

5 Casey July 22, 2010 at 7:14 am

I always love to remember all of the things that are small in the scheme of things. Thanks for the reminder!

6 Allison July 22, 2010 at 3:17 pm

@Casey, Any time. That’s what the Thank You Journal is for.

7 alita July 22, 2010 at 7:21 am

It is the times that are most menial that I usually spark up to see JUST how good I have it. Like running around the park after the kids or cuddling on the couch watching some cartoon that I don’t care for too much.

I concur. It is YOUR life and it is a good one.

8 Allison July 22, 2010 at 3:18 pm

@alita, My thoughts exactly!

9 Denise July 22, 2010 at 7:38 am

Great thankful post.

10 Allison July 22, 2010 at 3:18 pm

@Denise, Thank you. And thanks for stopping by!

11 Justine July 22, 2010 at 9:41 am

We will agree to disagree on the laundry, but yes, I do agree – even the chaos is beautiful because it’s ours.

12 Lolli July 22, 2010 at 9:48 am

I love that perspective. I need to be reminded of that very fact every once in a while. I, too, am blessed.

13 Aanessa July 22, 2010 at 11:16 am

I just found your post and have linked up! I love participating in such great events! Thanks for being our host :)

14 ck July 22, 2010 at 2:02 pm

After a month of non-stop rehearsals, performances, and lives spinning like crazy, I’m grateful for a BORING week. It’s been glorious!

15 Vanita July 22, 2010 at 8:53 pm

I am also thankful for my normal average days. Even if they include Damian hiding all of Natasha’s pacifiers, Sabrina hiding Vanessa’s iPod and the bathroom to clean.

16 Allison July 22, 2010 at 10:02 pm

@Vanita, Sounds like a fun game of hide and seek over at your house. 😉

17 Anne July 22, 2010 at 10:37 pm

I love the photos that accompany your post. The fact that they are angled and off center sort of compliment the point that you’re trying to make in that sometimes you need to look at the everyday things a little bit differently in order to find the goodness in them.

Cheers,
Anne

18 Allison July 25, 2010 at 3:37 pm

@Anne, I love taking photos like this. They just have so much more personality to me. Thanks for stopping by!

19 Ashley July 25, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Sometimes I become so overwhelmed with the “negativities” of the day that I forget to be thankful. Thankful that I have a nice home, two healthy kids, and a husband that is a good provider for our family. Thankful that I have clothes to wear, and a machine that usually gets them clean. Thankful that I have the opportunity to be at home with the kids instead of having to work fulltime.

Thanks for the reminder… :)

20 Allison July 25, 2010 at 3:53 pm

@Ashley, You do have so much to be thankful for! It’s so easy to lose sight of that, isn’t it? Thanks for stopping by!

Comments on this entry are closed.

{ 1 trackback }