Sparkling Moments

by Allison @ Alli 'n Son on July 30, 2010

My Bigger Picture Moment post has left me short on words. So I leave with these pics from this week. Intentional happiness. Finest moments. My best shots of the week. My week’s photo story.

We created thank you cards to send to the family we gathered with last week. If you haven’t received it yet, you will. In a week or so. I’m really bad about sending out thank you cards.

[singlepic id=498 w=450]

They turned out fantastic, if I do say so myself.

[singlepic id=499 w=450]

We did learn something interesting in the process. Stamp ink does NOT wash off. This was taken after scrubbing at least 2 times.

[singlepic id=500 w=450]

We’ll just have to call him purple smurf hands. {side note: baby wipes ended up cleaning his hands to almost a non-smurf-like status. who knew?}

[singlepic id=501 w=450]

On a hectic day, filled with friends, a house showing and a coffee house picnic {which forgot to include the juice box and cookie for the kiddo} I indulged in this:

[singlepic id=502 w=450]

A dirty chocolate chai. And yes, it is. The. Best. Drink. Around.

How was your week?

Note: Last weekend we spent two fantastic days with family. I took photos, we had a blast, but I just haven’t gotten around to editing and posting. So if you were expecting to see them, they will eventually make their way to the blog. I just don’t know when.
This post is proudly linked up with Finer Things Friday, Give Me Your Best Shot, !!!, !!! (again) and Photo Story Friday.

{ 18 comments }

1 Sonia Barton July 30, 2010 at 9:34 am

It sounds like you’ve had a busy couple of weeks. I’ve been sick with a cold (yeah in the summer, it bites) you don’t really feel like curling up under the blankets (it’s to hot 😉

Nice to know that stamp ink doesn’t wash off! They should put a warning on it!

Visiting from 31DBBB.

2 Allison August 1, 2010 at 2:33 pm

@Sonia Barton, I just found some washable stamp ink! I was so excited, is that weird? I found it at Michaels, incase you are looking.

3 Justine July 30, 2010 at 9:41 am

Dirty chocolate chai! NICE!

And I love the first picture of your son busy with his cards. I’m a cardmaker myself but the thought of all the materials and time needed sometimes sends me straight to the Hallmark store :)

4 Allison August 1, 2010 at 2:34 pm

@Justine, I’m the same way. These cards were so easy, paper, stamps and ink. Anything else and I just don’t have the energy to make it happen.

5 ShannonL July 30, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Awesome pics! I would have PANICKED about the ink not coming off his hands (good to know about the baby wipes!). Looks like you had a lot of fun (and got to tick off something from the “mean-well-but-never-get-around-to-doing” list)!

6 Allison August 1, 2010 at 2:35 pm

@ShannonL, I did almost panic, then I just kind of figured that it would eventually wear off. You know, weeks down the road. Thank goodness for baby wipes huh?

7 Vanessa July 30, 2010 at 1:22 pm

These cards are awesome! I just might have to steal the idea from you :)

8 Allison August 1, 2010 at 2:37 pm

@Vanessa, Please do! It was a fun, and relatively easy craft to do. The clean up, not so much. :-) BUT, I did find some washable ink pads at Michael’s. I’m SO excited!

9 Cecily R July 30, 2010 at 3:02 pm

Those blue hands would fit in very well at our house. I don’t think there’s a weeks that goes by where someone’s hands (and feet and face…) don’t end up a color in the rainbow. :)

LOVE the edging on your photos by the way!

10 Allison August 1, 2010 at 2:38 pm

@Cecily R, Thanks Cecily. I can’t take credit for the edging. That’s all an App (Hipstamatic) on my iPhone. Can you believe those photos came from a phone?

11 cat@juggling act July 30, 2010 at 3:09 pm

Those cards are simply adorable.

12 Stacia July 30, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Baby wipes are indeed the stuff of magic. And forget the juice box and cookie?? You deserve a full refund!

13 Allison August 1, 2010 at 2:39 pm

@Stacia, I totally would have gone back to complain, but we got everything to-go. Next time, I will be checking everything before we leave. Lesson learned.

14 Lolli July 30, 2010 at 9:54 pm

They ARE fantastic!! Gotta love some messy hands. :)

15 ck July 30, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Wait – a dirty chocolate chai? What is that? Clean, regular chais are my favorite hot drink. I can’t believe I’ve never heard of this version. This could lead to some very serious !!!

16 Allison August 1, 2010 at 2:41 pm

@ck, It’s a chai with espresso and chocolate. Best drink ever. Our local coffee shop calls it a Chippewa Chai. But I bet Starbucks could make it if you requested it.

17 Kelly July 31, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Cute project! Isn’t it crazy how much kids love tactile projects like that? Adults are so squeamish about it, but really, that’s pure joy.

18 Allison August 1, 2010 at 2:45 pm

@Kelly, I know, I almost stopped him when he first dipped his hands in the ink. But then I figured, what’s the harm? That was BEFORE I knew the ink wasn’t washable though.

Comments on this entry are closed.