{virtual} Coffee

by Allison @ Alli 'n Son on March 14, 2011

Tuesday. {virtual} coffee. You and me and a warm cup in our hands. Sharing life. It’s heavenly isn’t it?

I love Tuesday’s.

Today, as we settle in, me with a giant mug of coffee and you with…well, what would you be drinking? We bought a new coffee maker this weekend. One of those fancy ones that makes one cup at a time, so you can have whatever you want. So, what do you want?

After only a couple of days of using this beauty, the Keurig Elite Gourmet Single-Cup Home-Brewing System, I’m not sure how I loved without it.

After 1.5 weeks on the road, Hubs returned home on Friday night. I think the entire house breathed a sigh of relief. It’s tough on everyone when he’s gone. We all end up exhausted and on edge by the time he returns home. Even if I’m too much of a zombie to properly express it when he first comes back, it’s oh so good to have him home.

I’d also tell you about the open house we had this weekend. Or rather I’d tell you that we had an open house, our realtor was out of commission all weekend so we haven’t heard how it went yet. All I can say is that I hope a few people stopped by. I mean, I spent all of Friday afternoon making cookies for the occasion.

By the way, here are some cookies for you to take home. What are these beauties you ask? Just my latest creation from the Hershey’s Recipe Collection Cookbook my mother-in-law gave to me the other week. It just may be featured on this week’s Sweet Tooth Friday.

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Then I would tell you that I’ve decided to enjoy my pregnancy. Because honestly I haven’t been up until this point. I’m too concerned with gaining weight, checking for stretch marks, eating all of the time and then getting mad at myself for eating all of the time. Because sometimes I eat just to eat. I’m mean, I’m pregnant after all. That’s my excuse anyway.

So I’ve decided to let go my worries of gaining too much weight. I’m putting more importance on putting good things into my body. I’m not just feeding myself, I’m feeding my second son, and I want to give him all of the nutrients that he needs to be strong and healthy. I’m going to focus on eating when I’m hungry. And choosing healthy foods over chocolate. Most of the time. I mean really, I can’t give it all up.

I’m pregnant after all, I deserve to indulged a little.

But most of all I’m going to focus on the best parts of being pregnant. Feeling the baby move and marveling at the fact that there’s a living being growing inside of me. Which is still just totally weird to me. I’m going to focus on preparing for his arrival, and preparing the kiddo for his arrival. I’m going to start yoga again to help center and clear my mind, to stretch and prepare my body for labor and delivery. I miss yoga. So much. I think it’s the missing piece in my life that will help calm and focus me. And quiet my mind. Because other wise, it never shuts up.

I’m not going to focus on what I can’t eat or drink. I’m not going to focus on what I can’t do. I’m not going to freak out about how life is going to change in four months. FOUR MONTHS. The freak out will come, but I have plenty of time for that.

I’m going to focus on being happy with where I am in life right now. Because I can’t make the future happen any faster by wishing and stressing and getting upset. I only have now to live in, and I better start doing it so I don’t miss out.

_MG_3146

And then, I’d feel a weight lifting from my shoulders and turn the table over to you. My hot chocolate is getting cold, so I better take this moment to drink it, while absorbing you and your life.

How was your weekend? Do you stress about the future and what may or may not happen? Do you wish you could speed up time to get to the next part of your life? Do you find it difficult to focus on the present? How do you clear your mind and center your body?

1 Corinne March 14, 2011 at 8:47 pm

We have a Keurig, and we love love love it :)
Enjoy your pregnancy… seriously. It’s so much more fun if you’re not stressed about little details like indulging :)

2 Jamie March 14, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Pleaese, please PLEASE don’t worry your pregnancy away. Enjoy it. You won’t pass that way many times. I worried my pregnancy away with my second daughter and I’m so sorry I did.

3 Allison March 18, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Thank you, that is exactly what I needed to hear!

4 KLZ March 15, 2011 at 9:14 am

Pathetically I read this and all I could think was “Oh, God, I need to work out more.”

Not your intent, I presume.

5 Allison March 18, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Nope, not my intent. :-)

6 Christy D. March 15, 2011 at 11:18 am

I love yoga. I want to find a way to fit it back into my schedule, but alas, between baseball, swimming, work, cooking, my runs and workouts, it may have to wait until summer!

Enjoy your pregnancy. I am a little envious. Here’s hoping I’m not far behind you! Enjoy those kicks and movements, and even the yucky stuff that comes with it too.

7 Allison March 18, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I’m the same way, it’s almost impossible to fit it in. But I’m going to make it work! At least until this baby is born.

8 carolinaheartstrings March 15, 2011 at 11:44 am

Sit back and relax. Enjoy this time. As you know it goes to fast. Afterall, you cannot change the course of events. . . . . . only your reaction to them.

9 Allison March 18, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Love that line. I need to frame it!

10 Lindsay Dianne March 15, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Pregnant or not, you’ve got the right attitude. Focus only on nutrition so you’re giving that little life the best start that you can. :)

11 Hyacynth March 15, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Good for you! Enjoy those baby kicks and the beauty of a swelling stomach!

12 Kristie March 15, 2011 at 4:00 pm

One thing I always loved about being pregnant was that it was 9 months of not worrying about my body image. My belly was the result of my growing bundle of joy, and it gave me a confidence I have rarely felt at other times. I love your attitude about enjoying your pregnancy!

13 Allison March 18, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Exactly! That’s what I’m focusing on, loving my body for the wonderful little baby that it is creating.

14 Moomser March 15, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I’m always a little envious when I read about other’s pregnancies. It’s such a wonderful, magical time! Love your attitude, and I hope you enjoy every minute of it. Thanks for coffee!

15 Amy March 15, 2011 at 9:41 pm

it’s easier said than done but try to enjoy your pregnancy–i know it always seems like they last forever but we all know they don’t and before you know it you will hav e asweet little baby here! glad your husband is back home, that would be super stressful! and thanks for coffee!

16 30ish Mama March 15, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Oh how I love my Keurig! And I miss yoga too. I had to stop when I was pregnant (doctor’s orders) and now I just need to make time.

17 Allison March 18, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I did yoga the entire time with my first pregnancy, and I think it really made a difference. I need to get back into it. I hope you find a way to fit it back into your schedule too. It makes a world of difference, doesn’t it?

18 Jade @ Tasting Grace March 16, 2011 at 10:47 am

I know you’re worrying, but reading all about it, I’m struck by what a beautiful time pregnancy is. Enjoy it to the brim!

19 Allison March 18, 2011 at 2:44 pm

That’s the way I want to remember it too, and the way I remember my first pregnancy. Focusing on the beauty of it, that’s the only thing that matters.