Sweet Tooth Friday: Toffee Snickerdoodle Cookies

by Allison @ Alli 'n Son on March 31, 2011

I always, always forget about Snickerdoodle cookies.

Why you may ask? Well, because there’s no chocolate in them. Obviously.

I mean seriously, if I’m going to make a cookie, it better have chocolate in it. Or if it doesn’t, I better be able to add chocolate to it. Peanut butter cookies? Is there chocolate in them? No? Then I think I’ll pass. With the exception of Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies of course. Although you could very easily add chocolate to this recipe. Dare I say it would be even better?

The funny thing, is that I love snickerdoodles. Cinnamon-sugar is my next love. What’s the first? Chocolate of course. Have you not been paying attention?

A few weeks ago I shared a recipe for Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. What I didn’t share is that I also made a batch of Snickerdoodle cookies. But not just any Snickerdoodles. They are Snickerdoodles covered in toffee bits.

Toffee Snickerdoodle Cookies

Toffee, probably my third favorite love.

I may never go back to regular Snickerdoodles again. Unless of course I’m out of toffee {or don’t have time to make my own toffee}. I’d addicted to that little bit of sweet crunch mixed in with the cinnamon-sugar. It’s heaven in a cookie. If cookies weren’t allowed to have chocolate in them in heaven.

And if they aren’t, it can’t really be heaven, now can it?

Toffee Snickerdoodle Cookies

Yield: 5 dozen cookies

Toffee Snickerdoodle Cookies

• 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
  • 2 eggs
  • 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1-1/3 cups (8-ounce package) toffee bits
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 400ยบ F.
  2. In a medium bowl stir together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
  3. In a large bowl beat butter and 1 cup sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
  4. Add eggs and beat thoroughly.
  5. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
  6. Stir in toffee bits.
  7. Stir together the remaining 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.
  8. Shape dough into 1-1/4" balls, roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
  9. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
  10. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
  11. Cool 1 minute then remove from cookie sheets to wire racks.
  12. Cool completely.

Adapted from Hershey’s Recipe Collection

Ready to link up with Sweet Tooth Friday? I only have a few rules:

1. Link directly to your post, not to the main page of your blog.
  2. Link back to my blog an/or include the Sweet Tooth Friday button.
  3. Visit a few of the other blogs. Spread the sweet-love!
  4. Subscribe to my blog, follow me on Twitter, or like me on Facebook.
  5. Stop by again on Saturday. Each week I pick my five favorite recipes. If you are featured I have a nifty button you can add to your blog.

This post is proudly linked up to Mondays: Mouthwatering Mondays, Made By You Monday, Simply Share It, This Week’s Cravings, Mingle Monday Tuesdays: Tuesdays and the Table, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, It’s a Blog Party, Tip Junkie Wednesdays: Show and Tell, Works for Me Wednesday, Thursdays: Ultimate Recipe Swap, It’s a Keeper Thursdays, Strut Your Stuff Fridays: I’m Loving It, Foodie Friday, Grocery Cart Challenge, Friday Firsts, Food on Fridays, Friday Pot Luck, Walnut Avenue: Foodie Friday Saturdays: Sweets for a Saturday.

1 Beth March 31, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Alli, These sound wonderful! Very special Snickerdoodles. Glad you shared this with us.
Blessings, Beth

2 Micha @ Cookin' Mimi March 31, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Snickerdoodles are so good and I bet these are even better than the original. I love toffee.

3 Martha March 31, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Wow, they sound delish! Would love to try them sometime!

4 Muthering Heights March 31, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Oh my…these sound delicious!!!

5 Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen March 31, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Toffee bits sound like a fantastic addition to snickerdoodles, I’ve got to try these!

6 ButterYum March 31, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Oh Alli – I adore snickerdoodles, but adding toffee bits… Oh yeah!! Heaven.

7 Christy D. April 1, 2011 at 12:22 am

Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies, and together with toffee??? I will have to make these very soon!

8 yvette April 1, 2011 at 1:09 am

I’m so intrigued by all the different names of cookies and these I’ve never heard of….snickerdoodles just so much fun and I’m sure soooo delicious with the toffe coating. I love cinnamon sugar one of my favourite spices. Delicious! yvette@twistedvines

9 jessica April 1, 2011 at 7:21 am

Sounds so delicious! I love anything with that much sugar loaded on top! Linking up my homemade girl scout cookies since I didn’t get a chance to last week!

10 Jeanene @ The Queen Bees Hive April 1, 2011 at 7:27 am

Hi, I linked to the party per your invitation, but I’m having the hardest time with your button. For some reason it just doesn’t show up. :( Text is all there, just no image. I’ll keep working!

11 Allison April 1, 2011 at 8:18 am

I’m trying to fix it, but in the meantime you can grab the code from the side bar, it does work. Thanks for letting me know!

12 Allison April 1, 2011 at 8:28 am

Button is all fixed!

13 Rhondi April 1, 2011 at 9:05 am

Alli, these snickerdoodle cookies look delish! Thanks for hosting!

14 carolinaheartstrings April 1, 2011 at 10:10 am

Alli, those cookies look sensational!

15 The Mixing Bowl Diary April 1, 2011 at 2:32 pm

thanks for stopping by and letting me know about Sweet Tooth Friday!!!!

16 Chels April 1, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Mmm, these cookies look divine. I love Snickerdoodles and Toffee. What a great combo!

17 Erin @ Art + Food + Life April 1, 2011 at 4:02 pm

my hubby LOVES snickerdoodles and i have never made it. I will be trying this out very very soon!

18 Erin @ Making Memories April 1, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Snickerdoodles are my daughter’s favorite cookies. But with Heath bits in them??? I’m all over that!!!

19 The Lucky Wife @ The Saturday Evening Pot April 1, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Thanks for inviting me to link the Strawberry Freeze! I’d love to know what your MOST POPULAR recipe has been and for you to link it in our Star Recipes Collection! I also have a linky “For Your Sweet Tooth” in my Ultimate Blog Party post if you’d like to link anything there!! Hope you have a great weekend.

20 Lisa @ Sweet as Sugar Cookies April 1, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Mmm, I didn’t think snickerdoodles could get any better, but your toffee ones just made me think again. I linked up with my Lemon Cranberry Bread.

21 Rachel April 1, 2011 at 6:30 pm

thanks for the invite! i love your recipe – it looks so yummy!
I tried to add your button to my blog – but the html seemed broken, can you email it to me. Thanks.

22 Sarah April 1, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Ali, these looks delicious. I love snickerdoodles and toffee, so will need to try this one for sure.
Thanks for stopping by HFTS and inviting me over to join Sweet Tooth Friday. I’ve linked up.

23 Pat April 1, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Oh, these must be delish! My daughter loves Snickerdoodles anyway. I’ve been gone all day so just now linking up. Thanks again for hosting!

24 Treat and Trick April 1, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Thanks for reminding! Had linked my Chocolate Fudge as requested.

Happy hosting!

25 Jerri April 1, 2011 at 11:44 pm

Allison, Thanks so much for inviting me to this “Sweet” linky party! Desserts are totally my thing, so I’m really excited to find new recipes here!

26 Lazy on Loblolly April 2, 2011 at 8:01 am

Hey, I was out of town yesterday, but I have linked up this morning on Sweet tooth Friday and edit my post to include your button/blog. Thanks for the invite!YAY!
And know it sounds crazy but I don’t think I’ve ever had snicker-doodles,will have to try, looks delish!

27 michelle April 2, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Thanks for stopping by my blog to look at my recipes! I added your button to my blog side bar.

28 Julie April 2, 2011 at 5:24 pm

HI! Stopping by from Foodie Friday! Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies, toffee just takes them to the next level. I will be back sometime soon to post on Sweet Tooth Friday.

29 Liz April 2, 2011 at 10:47 pm

I love snickerdoodles, these look divine! Thanks for hosting!

30 carri April 4, 2011 at 10:22 pm

these look fluffy, and delish! I’m always up for a new cookie

31 cheryl@scrapaddict4sure April 5, 2011 at 7:25 am

I love anything with toffee in it thanks for sharing it

32 Wende April 5, 2011 at 5:22 pm

These looks so good….can’t wait to make them. I shared your recipe on my Must Try Tuesday blog post today.

Thanks for sharing another great recipe!

33 JeNae April 6, 2011 at 12:06 am

I’ve been tweaking my snickerdoodle recipe by adding stuff to it, and your idea of adding toffee bits might have to be my next; thanks for sharing :)

34 Trisha April 6, 2011 at 7:37 am

I’ve been meaning to try making Snickerdoodle cookies forever … i like how yours have turned out … I would love to give them a try!

35 Our Italian Kitchen April 6, 2011 at 1:53 pm

What a great addition to Snickerdoodles!! Beautiful photos!

36 Chels R. May 6, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I just wanted you to know that I made these yesterday for my husbands work and they were a hit. We all munched on a few last night before I had to wrap them up and send them off with the hubby this morning, but they are so yummy. I love the crunch the toffee adds. So delicious!

37 Allison May 6, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Yea! I’m so glad that you liked them. Thanks for stopping back to let me know.

38 black button hem up December 6, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it,
you will be a great author. I will make sure to bookmark your
blog and will eventually come back later on. I want to encourage you
continue your great job, have a nice morning!

39 Lizabeth February 3, 2016 at 2:08 am

Smaad-kcb what I was looking for-ty!

40 car insurance quote June 5, 2016 at 3:06 am

Enh, I don’t think SAS is trash b/c they’ve had a few good songs here & there. I’m gonna give the tape a listen b/c I know there will be a few beats worth adding to the playlist.