Sweet Tooth Friday: Chocolate Chip Muffins

by Allison @ Alli 'n Son on May 19, 2011

When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is pee. In case you were wondering.

The second thing I do is figure out how I can sneak some chocolate into an otherwise pretty healthy breakfast. Because I crave chocolate 24 hours a day. I’m so not kidding when I say that it’s the first thing I want to eat in the morning.

I may have a problem.

This recipe originally came from my mom, but I’ve modified it a little over the years. Because I’m like that, I can’t leave good enough alone.

Now I can confidently say that eating these muffins is by far the best way to start off your day. Go ahead, find something that’s better. If you do, send it my way, because I want a bite too.

Chocolate Chip Muffins

I mean seriously, how can you not drool over these babies? Maybe this post should have come with a disclaimer: napkin needed at all times.

Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ready to link up with Sweet Tooth Friday? I only have a few rules:

1. Link directly to your recipe {sweet-recipes only please}, not to the main page of your blog.
  2. Link back to my blog and/or include the Sweet Tooth Friday button {code is below and in the side bar}.
  3. Visit a few of the other blogs. Spread the sweet-love!
  4. Subscribe to my blog, follow me on Twitter, or like me on Facebook.
  5. Stop by again on Saturday. Each week I pick my five favorite recipes. If you are featured I have a nifty button you can add to your blog.

This post is proudly linked up to Mondays: Mouthwatering Mondays, Made By You Monday, Simply Share It, Mingle Monday Tuesdays: Tuesdays and the Table, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, It’s a Blog Party, Tip Junkie Wednesdays: Show and Tell, Works for Me Wednesday, Thursdays: Ultimate Recipe Swap, It’s a Keeper Thursdays, Strut Your Stuff, Full Plate Thursdays Thrilling Thursday, Chic & Crafty Party Fridays: I’m Loving It, Foodie Friday, Grocery Cart Challenge, Food on Fridays, Friday Pot Luck, Walnut Avenue: Foodie Friday Saturdays: Sweets for a Saturday Sundays: So Sweet Sunday, Nifty Thrifty Sunday

1 Sarah E. May 19, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Those muffins look amazing! I have a recipe that uses vanilla, but it’s too overwhelming – yours with buttermilk sound like a much better recipe!! :)

Also…I tried to use the button above the linky list and it didn’t want to work. But the one on the sidebar did work..not sure what was going on…it could just be Blogger being wonky!

2 Allison May 24, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I hope you have a chance to try the muffins, I’d love to know what you think. Also, the button should be working again. Thanks for letting me know.

3 Chels R. May 19, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Those muffins do look amazing! I will give em a try :)

4 Allison May 24, 2011 at 2:58 pm

I hope you do! Stop back and let me know what you think.

5 Lisa @ Sweet as Sugar Cookies May 19, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Those muffins look so yummy. There must have been smiles all around when you made them. I linked up with my Orange Choc Chip Bread.

6 Allison May 24, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Ohhh, your bread sounds wonderful. Thanks for stopping by and linking up.

7 Robin @ PennyPinching Provisions May 19, 2011 at 9:40 pm

We love muffins around here. I might make these for my weekly variety next week:)

8 Allison May 24, 2011 at 3:00 pm

I hope you have a chance to try them. Stop back and let me know what you think.

9 Handy Man, Crafty Woman May 19, 2011 at 9:51 pm

I too, must figure out how to have even just a little bit of chocolate each day. LOVE chocolate chip muffins.

10 Allison May 24, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Glad I’m not the only one. Life just isn’t the same without chocolate first thing in the morning.

11 Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust May 19, 2011 at 10:07 pm

So, um, I think it’s totally meant to be that I have a cup of buttermilk left over from baking a cake. I need these muffins! Breakfast tomorrow, for sure. :)

12 Allison May 24, 2011 at 3:01 pm

It IS meant to be. Did you try them?

13 Jennifer May 19, 2011 at 11:12 pm

Thanks for stopping by, and for the invite to link up! Those muffins look so delicious! After baking with white chocolate all week, old fashioned chocolate sounds divine.

14 Allison May 24, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I’m so glad you linked up! I hope to see you again this week.

15 ButterYum May 19, 2011 at 11:31 pm

First thing you do is pee… LOL!! The only thing that would keep me from doing the same would be one of your yummy muffins!

16 Adrian May 20, 2011 at 12:12 am

Those muffins look so wonderful! I can’t wait to try them. And this is my first time linking up. Woo Hoo!

17 Allison May 24, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Thanks for linking up Adrian. Let me know if you try the muffins, and what you think.

18 kitchen flavours May 20, 2011 at 2:56 am

I guess most of us have the same routine habit first thing in the morning! LOL! Your muffins looks delightful!

19 Marelie May 20, 2011 at 5:45 am

Its nice to be back here.I am sharing my Filipino Mamon(Yellow Sponge Cake).Thanks for hosting.Have a great weekend

20 Allison May 24, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Sounds wonderful Marelie. Thanks for linking up, I hope to see you again this week.

21 Aimee May 20, 2011 at 6:39 am

Yum. Those look like a better way to wake up in the morning! In staying with your chocolate chip theme (did you know that was your theme?) I linked up some Cookie Dough bites. Enjoy!

22 Allison May 24, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Chocolate chips are an every day theme for me. That’s why I have a handful or two every day. 😉

23 BrandyK May 20, 2011 at 8:08 am

Those muffins look so good! I love that you have whole wheat flour in them. I’m going to try them this weekend. Thanks for hosting this fun linky party. I linked some cupcakes and cookies. :) Happy Friday!

24 Allison May 24, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Thanks for linking up Brandy. Did you have a chance to try the muffins?

25 BrandyK May 24, 2011 at 3:56 pm

HI! Not yet, but they are on my “to bake” list. I’m going to do 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 regular flour. :)

26 Erin @ Making Memories May 20, 2011 at 8:16 am

Totally in agreement. YES PLEASE!!!

27 Miz Helen May 20, 2011 at 8:54 am

Hi Allison,
Wow just look at all these wonderful goodies. I am sharing my Chocolate Cream Pie. Thanks for hosting and have a fun day!

28 Allison May 24, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Thanks for linking up Miz! I hope to see you again this week.

29 Catalina May 20, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Oh, man, and I was afraid I’d be the only one wanting to eat chocolate in the morning 😀 I love to have chocolate for breakfast even though I try to eat something healthy (so let’s go with chocolate yoghurt or porridge with chocolate etc. 😀 ). Your muffins are beautiful! I really do like your photos, they’re so smooth and warm if you know what I mean :) Really nice!

30 Allison May 24, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Thanks Catalina! That means a lot to me.

31 Karen@Mignardise May 20, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Thanks so much for visiting my blog, leaving a comment and directing me here to yours.
You have a very sweet blog – love it! And I can totally relate to the chocolate part.
I left a link to my recent experiment with the New York Times chocolate chip cookie recipe.
I look forward to seeing more delicious chocolate treats from you!

32 Allison May 24, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I’m so glad that you shared your chocolate chip cookies. I hope to see you again this week.

33 Bizzy May 22, 2011 at 12:15 pm

These muffins are better than cookies. That speaks high praise.

34 Allison May 24, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Awesome!!!! I’m so glad that you liked them.

35 Melody♪♫ May 23, 2011 at 9:22 pm

I was just posting MY Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe on TipJunkie when I saw yours.

Great minds!

36 Allison May 24, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Ohhh, those sound great. Off to check them out. I love peanut butter and chocolate.

37 Katie A May 24, 2011 at 11:10 am

MMMM! Those look amazing! I am going to definitely have to try those!

38 Allison May 24, 2011 at 3:11 pm

I hope you do Katie. Stop back and let me know how they turn out.

39 Kirstin May 25, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Yummmy!!! These sound soo good!

40 ashley May 26, 2011 at 12:12 pm

hmmm looks yummy!!!

41 KB and Whitesnake May 26, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Yum, yum.

Don’t we all pee first thing in the morning? LOL! Have a great weekend.

42 Vanessa May 28, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Hmm.. I’m gonna have to try these. They really look delicious!
Thank you so much for linking up to {nifty thrifty sunday}!
I hope to see you again tomorrow!

43 Christy D.@ organicprincess June 1, 2011 at 3:36 pm

I made these a week or so ago, and they turned out great. Funny thing was I was in the middle of measuring out my ingredients and got interrupted by my 7 year old, then my 17 year old, then my husband and finally my dad walked in. I lost track of the recipe and thought I had everything measured and ready. My 7 year old helped me put the ingredients in the mixer and away we went. I realized later that I forgot the sugar! They were already a hit, and I’m thinking about how I want to manipulate the recipe a little next time (and remember to add sugar!)

44 weight loss hypnosis 30 day challenge January 22, 2015 at 7:15 am

Who can say no the benefits of thnis lean greeen veggie.
The Truth About Six Pack Abs iss the fastest way to Get a Flat Stomach.

Cross youir hands on a chest(once youu get good aat thqt you can place your palms on a corner of your head).

45 flat tummy in 10 days diet January 25, 2015 at 8:35 am

It is a fact that nidora is entirely new for the people but this product
for weight loss has been under observation and clinical
test from last 20 years or even more time under the guideline of Dr.
The excess glucose when not handled because there’s not enough insulin ends up as fat storage and hence weight gain. This helps
to improve digestion and allows your brain to receive the “I’m full” signal quicker before you stuff in too
much food.

46 Bradley February 5, 2015 at 10:30 pm

This will make your joureney to weight loss hard, if not
impossible. But in and of themselves, they’re not necessarily setbacks; it aall
depends on how you handle them. How our mind adapts to fzilures will largely determine the condition of our inherited body.

47 Raleigh February 17, 2015 at 3:23 am

* Replace breads and other starchy high carbohydrate foods with fruits
and vegetables. Keep this in your mind, it will guide you at the right direction in your journey of
weight loss. Some of the most asic advice about weighht loss is some of the oldest: watch your portions.

48 this domain February 24, 2015 at 9:10 pm

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I assumed this submit was once good.

I don’t realize who you are however definitely you’re going
to a well-known blogger in case you aren’t already.

49 Complete Rhyme List June 26, 2015 at 5:11 am

I am regular reader, how are you everybody?
This post posted at this web site is actually nice.