One of the kiddo’s favorite songs goes a little something like this:
Be. Bananas. Be, be, bananas.
Peel. Bananas. Peel, peel, bananas.
Eat. Bananas. Eat, eat, bananas.
GO! Bananas! GO, GO, BANANAS!
It does of course end with us screaming the last verse and the top of our lungs. Often with our arms flailing around like crazy people.
We may actually be crazy people. Or monkeys. Some days I’m not sure which.
Wait, I take that back. We’re not monkeys, because we can dump ingredients and operate an immersion blender. Show me a monkey who can do that! Wait, no, don’t. There probably is one out there that can do it. And then where would that leave us?
I really don’t want to be a monkey. Really, really.
Anyway, monkey or not, we love bananas. And not just to sing about. To eat as well. Ideally when paired with peanut butter, yogurt and blended together, smoothie style.
This kid-friendly recipe is again coming from my new best friend, the 4 in 1 Recipe Book for Kids: Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, and Dinner. Seriously, how did I ever live without this cookbook?
Not your ordinary smoothie, this is packed with peanut butter and bananas for the ultimate lunch or breakfast.
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey, more or less to taste
- 1 cup ice cubes, more or less, depending on how thick like smoothies
- Pour all of the ingredients in a blender, then blend until smooth. Add more honey if you want it slightly sweeter, more ice if you want it a little thinner.
- If you prefer to use an immersion blender like we do, pour the ingredients into the "blending beaker" or a tall glass. Blend until smooth.
- This makes at least 2 servings. Thick, rich, filling servings. You could easily cut it in half and still have plenty to feed to kids.
What is your kids favorite smoothie to drink?
Did you know that you can save my recipes in your very own recipe box, courtesy of ZipList? Just click on the link above, under "recipes" to get started. Want to learn more? Hop on over to read about this awesome new feature.