Greek Nachos

by Allison @ Alli 'n Son on September 11, 2011

I’ve been hiding something from Hubs.

Shhhhhh…don’t tell. I’ll let you in on my little secret if you promise to keep it to yourself.

Promise?

I have a new love. For nachos. But not just any old nachos. Oh no. These nachos are extraordinary.

Hubs has no idea that these even exist because I keep them all to myself. They are my latest lunch addiction. You know, the thing that I make over and over and over and over. Nearly every day for weeks on end. It’s a sickness. I know. But not one I’m willing to give up.

Greek Nachos

You see, I’ve been scarfing down Greek nachos. Oh yes, Greek nachos. Feta. Hummus. Cucumbers. Olives. Red onion. Tomatoes. So simple. So perfect.

Nachos so good that I refuse to share. Which is exactly why I won’t make this when Hubs is at home.

You won’t tell him, right? You promised!

Greek Nachos

Greek Nachos

• Baked pita chips
  • Feta cheese, crumbled
  • Hummus, your favorite flavor
  • Cucumber, chopped
  • Tomato, chopped
  • Red onion, thinly sliced
  • Olives, sliced {black, green or Kalamata}

1. Layer the baked pita chips on a plate. Top with humus and sprinkle with feta cheese. Microwave until cheese is melted, about 30-45 seconds.
  2. Top with cucumber, tomato, red onion and olives.
  3. Eat by yourself, so you don't have to share.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

1 Kitchen Belleicious September 12, 2011 at 7:02 am

I love the idea of combining Greek flavors on a mass of chips! Genius. I bet the cheese and olives just took it to another level! Genius!

2 Allison @ Alli 'n Son September 12, 2011 at 9:12 am

It does! Hubs was looking over my shoulder as I was writing this last night and he was just a little mad that I had been holding out in him. I guess I’ll have to share with him after all. :)

3 Amber September 12, 2011 at 8:30 am

Mmmmm this looks delicious! Two questions: what brand of pita chips do you use? Flavors? And can I replace the feta for another cheese? Not a big feta fan. ) :

If my hubs knew I was munching on this, he would be completely jealous. This is HIS type of food. But, that’s the kind of affair I like.

4 Allison @ Alli 'n Son September 12, 2011 at 9:16 am

I shop at aldi, so the pita chips are the aldi brand, sea salt flavor. I’ve used both plain hummus and roasted red pepper, both are delish! You could totally replace the cheese, I just recommend something with a strong flavor. Perhaps goat cheese or blue cheese. Or I bet fresh mozzarella would be wonderful too. Enjoy!

5 Paula September 12, 2011 at 11:32 am

These look addictive. Have you tried Tzatziki with them? I think I’m addicted to Tzatziki.

6 Allison @ Alli 'n Son September 15, 2011 at 5:22 am

I haven’t. I’ll have to try though. Thanks for the suggestion.

7 Liz September 12, 2011 at 2:02 pm

These look fabulous. Hummus is my new favorite food and I love everything else in here too. Can’t wait to try them!

8 Allison @ Alli 'n Son September 15, 2011 at 5:23 am

I love hummus too. I could sit down with a container of humus and some pita chips and eat the entire thing.

9 Jennifer @ Jane Deere September 13, 2011 at 8:18 am

I came across your blog on At the Well and I love your post! I love this idea! Greek Nachos sound awesome! I love all of those flavors…can’t wait to make this!

I would love it if you would come by my blog and link up to Fusion Fridays with your favorite or most recent recipes, handmade crafts, diy projects, tips & tricks, and how to’s! { open through Wednesday! }http://janedeereblog.blogspot.com

I would love it if you would come by Friday and link up!

10 Allison @ Alli 'n Son September 15, 2011 at 5:24 am

Thanks for the invite Jennifer. I’ll stop be on Friday.

11 Tara September 14, 2011 at 7:58 am

Yummo! I’d love for you to link up to my linky party. http://trophyw.blogspot.com/2011/09/will-craft-forfun.html

12 Allison @ Alli 'n Son September 15, 2011 at 5:25 am

Thanks for the invite. I’ll check it out.

13 Jenna @ Newlyweds September 15, 2011 at 10:56 am

Can I come over for lunch?? This looks delicious simple flavorful and yummy, can’t wait to try it!! Just pinned this.

14 Linda September 15, 2011 at 3:10 pm

That looks so yummy!! I will have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

15 ButterYum September 16, 2011 at 8:09 am

Awesome pics!! Hubby would be so happy to receive a plate full of these Nachos.

ButterYum

16 Miz Helen September 16, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Your Greek Nachos look awesome! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

17 June Scott September 17, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Looks delish, Alli! Very similar to the “pile it on” I make… I get into lunch ruts too, glad to know I’m not alone :)

18 Fiesta Crunch September 19, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Greek nachos is actually a great idea. I never thought of making nachos with that kind of a flavor twist.

19 Jenna @ Newlyweds September 26, 2011 at 8:33 am

Just linked this recipe to my menu plan this week. So simple, can’t wait!

20 Dawn May 8, 2012 at 10:47 pm

These are just as crazy good as everyone thinks. I got my ingredients at the Greek stand at the farmers market so that added a tub of the meat from the moussaka. Yum. I also got fresh gets there and pita chips. The fresh feta is crazy good. A new fam fav.

21 food purina moist October 25, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Whats up very nice blog!! Man .. Excellent .. Superb ..
I will bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally?
I am glad to search out a lot of useful information right here within the put up, we’d
like work out more techniques on this regard, thank you for sharing.
. . . . .