I am thrilled to be here guest posting for Alli. She has an awesome talent for writing, photography, and she hosts a great linky party too! A little about me: My name is Aimee and I have been married to my best friend for over 16 years. We have four children, our oldest is our boy and he is 14. He will be headed off to high school this fall (I don’t know how it’s possible, since I’m not old enough to have a high schooler)! He is followed by our three girls, aged 12, 9 and 7. They keep us very busy with school, sports and friends. Not to mention, they all love to eat. Which is a good thing since I love to cook.
There are days when I need something quick to whip up in the kitchen. A meal that is both satisfying, kid friendly, and easy. Corn Dog Muffins are so perfect! You can even substitute the homemade corn muffin mix for the boxed Jiffy brand. Serve it up with some fresh fruit and call it dinner!
Of course, you can’t have dinner without dessert in my house. Chocolate chip cookies are a staple. It took my husband and I about 5 years of trying different cookie recipes and we think we have perfected the chocolate chip cookie. In the summer, I make up a batch of cookies, fill them with our favorite ice cream and wrap in foil. Put in the freezer and enjoy!
Thanks again Alli for letting me share with your readers! Stop by anytime for more yummy dinners and desserts at my site, Shugary Sweets!
- 3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 hot dogs, diced
- 1-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix dry ingredients together. Add milk, eggs, butter and vanilla. Fold in hot dogs and cheese. Scoop into greased cupcake tins (no liners). Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 15-18 minutes. Makes 30 muffins. You can freeze baked muffins for later use, then just microwave to reheat them. Enjoy!
- (Inspired by Jackie at The Unworking Mom)
- 1-1/2 cup Crisco (butter flavored)
- 2-1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg
- 3-1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 pinches of nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-1/2 bags of milk chocolate morsels
- Ice cream, your favorite flavors
- Sprinkles, optional
- Combine crisco, sugar, milk and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Add dry ingredients and combine thoroughly. Add in morsels.
- I prefer to make these cookies big. You do whatever makes your skirt fly up. Or your pants drop. Or whatever.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-13 minutes, until lightly browned on top. Of course, I recommend using a stone to cook these on, to get even browning.
- Once cooled, scoop a generous scoop of ice cream between two cookies. Press together, and using a spoon or your finger, smooth the edge and add sprinkles. Repeat for remaining cookies. Wrap individually in foil and freeze until ready to eat!
Did you know that you can save my recipes in your very own recipe box, courtesy of ZipList? Just click on the link above, under "recipes" to get started. Want to learn more? Hop on over to read about this awesome new feature.