New Recipe Box Feature at Alli ‘n Son

by Allison @ Alli 'n Son on January 4, 2012

I’m so super excited to share some new features with you. I’m practically jumping up and down in my seat.

Can you tell?

You may have noticed over the last couple of months a change in the way I format my recipes. I needed something that made it super easy to print my recipes. And the ZipList Wordpress plugin did just that.

But wait, it gets even better. {Do I sound like an informercial yet?} Not only can you quickly and easily print my recipes, you can also save them, and any other recipe on the web, to your very own personal recipe box. Plus, you also have the option to save the recipe’s ingredients to your very own online shopping list.

It’s as simple as clicking on this handy, dandy button.

But, there’s more. I’m so excited. You can access your recipe box and shopping list right from my site. See those two new links under recipes? Up there are the top?

Meet your new recipe box…

And this beauty is your shopping list…

Easy, peasy.

How did I make this happen? Well, I’ve teamed up with ZipList. They power the online recipe boxes and shopping lists you’ve probably seen at MarthaStewart.com, The Daily Meal and Joy of Baking, as well as many, many of your favorite food blogs. You can save recipes from any of these websites, including mine, and they’ll all be saved in one place. No more hunting from site-to-site to track down your favorite recipes. Every tasty dish, all in one spot. I love it.

It’s so easy to access your recipe box and shopping list. You can do it from my site using the links above under “recipes”,right at ZipList.com or by using the iPhone or Android mobile apps. I’ve been a long time user of the iPhone app, and let me just say, I can’t go grocery shopping without it. I’ve actually put off grocery shopping when I forgot my phone at home. I’m totally and hopelessly addicted to it.

So, tell me, what do you think? Do you use the Ziplist plugin? Have you created a recipe box yet? What about the mobile apps? Are you as in love with ZipList as I am?

{ 17 comments }

1 Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos January 5, 2012 at 8:40 am

Wow…I had no idea. I’m excited to start using that app! Love your updated look – that font is so much fun!

2 Allison @ Alli 'n Son January 5, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Thanks Becca! Enjoy the app.

3 Jo-Lyn's Cup Cakes N' Candies January 5, 2012 at 10:37 am

oh goodness, so many ‘gadgets’, i am afraid of trying new things, i have to admit. i may be forced to wander out of my comfort zone and try these new fangled things out! 😉 loving the new look!!

4 Allison @ Alli 'n Son January 5, 2012 at 7:47 pm

It’s so easy to use, perfect if you are nervous about new gadgets. Let me know if you have any questions.

5 Phoebe @ Getting Freedom January 5, 2012 at 11:52 am

Okay, that is just straight up awesome sauce! I’m pretty much a paper and pen kind of gal {yeah, still in the dark ages!}–but this may be something to try out. :)

6 Allison @ Alli 'n Son January 5, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Yes, please do! It’s so easy to use.

7 Charlie January 5, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Ali: I love it all!

Thank you for doing this for us!

One question about wordpress.

Are you allowed to be paid for your advertising?

Thanks
Charlie

8 Allison @ Alli 'n Son January 5, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Hey Charlie, email me and we can talk. Wordpress.COM does not allow advertising, but Wordpress.ORG {self hosted} does.

9 Aimee @ ShugarySweets January 5, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I’ve been looking into how to organize my recipes better on my blog, and you mentioned ziplist awhile ago. Pretend I’m an idiot (okay I really am when it comes to computers and apps)…how do I get started? You can email me when you have a chance if that’s easier….

10 Aimee @ ShugarySweets January 5, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Wait…do you have to have wordpress for this?

11 Allison @ Alli 'n Son January 5, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Yes, you do need to have Wordpress. I’m not sure if it will be an option on Blogger. I’ll see what I can find out for you.

12 Ann January 20, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I love Ziplist! I’ve been using it for months–with my phone, iPad and laptop. I learned about it from you, in fact (thank you!) I clicked “Save Recipe” on one of your recipes, not knowing where that was going to take me–and my shopping list has been a thing of beauty ever since. And being able to not only save recipes, but also have the ingredients added to my shopping list with the click of a mouse (or a few more, since Ziplist shows you the ingredients to be added and you can delete the items you already have)? Genius!

13 Christy @organic princess January 20, 2012 at 4:24 pm

I’m open to using a new list, but I already have a very full and helpful list of my recipes on springpad. Is there an easy way to transfer those? Also, can I still access your recipe index? I can’t seem to figure that out!

14 http://www.slideshare.net/ March 5, 2013 at 10:53 pm

With havin so much written content do you ever run
into any problems of plagorism or copyright violation?
My blog has a lot of exclusive content I’ve either authored myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my agreement. Do you know any solutions to help stop content from being stolen? I’d
genuinely appreciate it.

15 1285 muscle reviews October 17, 2013 at 10:29 pm

Hi there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and
found that it is truly informative. I am going to watch out for brussels.

I’ll appreciate if you continue this in future. Many people will be benefited from your writing.
Cheers!

16 the rules for dating February 8, 2015 at 1:59 am

It is actually only a superb products especially
for men, who wish to learn to flirt or boost it. Magnetic Messaging, it ought
to be stated, isn’t going to have just one miracle text that will convince the lady
at present; on the other hand the strategies within the guide
happen to be shown to perform and also have
attained favourable effects many males around the globe.

17 book of revelation June 4, 2015 at 3:07 am

This blog was… how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something
that helped me. Thanks a lot!

Comments on this entry are closed.