I’m so tired of cooking meals. Just completely burnt out. Last week, in an attempt to have dinner prepared early, I make peppered turkey bacon in the oven, so we could quickly slap together some BLTs when Hubs came home from work. The bacon was done, so I left it in the oven on warm, to keep it, well, warm. But that only resulted in utterly burnt bacon. So burnt that we had to throw it away.
I’m oh so tempted to just start eating frozen meals every night. Except for Fridays of course, I can’t give up my homemade pizza night. Instead, I’m keeping things as simple as I can. The slow cooker is my new best friend, as are prepare-ahead meals, and meals that can be thrown together in under 20 minutes.
Repeat after me, it doesn’t have to be complicated to be tasty.
Here’s our menu for the week:
Dinner Meal Plan
- Spicy peanut butter and sesame noodles with tofu (recipe perfected, must take photos)
- Homemade pizza on thin and crispy crust with homemade sauce
- BLTs with Goat Cheese (re-making this after I burnt the bacon las week)
- Bubble up enchiladas
- Turkey and pumpkin chili in the slow cooker
- Pasta with homemade marinara sauce and garlic bread
- Roasted red pepper, feta, hummus and spinach panini
- Streusel-topped microwave French toast in a mug (recipe coming…in two(ish) weeks)
- Italian tortellini soup
This week I’m also making
- Trail mix cookies from Joy the Baker Cookbook: 100 Simple and Comforting Recipes
- Cocoa almonds from Joy the Baker Cookbook: 100 Simple and Comforting Recipes