Please oh please don’t tell me that summer is over.
Yes, I know that school has started. Yes, it’s September, creeping up on mid-September.
But please oh please don’t tell me that summer is over.
Because I just discovered this delicious, creamy, figure-friendly (and runner-friendly) ice cream. A two-ingredient ice cream that you can whip up in like, 5 minutes. Less than 5 minutes even.
What are those magic two ingredients? Bananas. Peeled, sliced and frozen bananas. Whipped to a frenzy, which produces a creaminess that makes other ice creams melt with jealously.
And then…you add Nutella. Because I must have chocolate. All day. Every day.
Can you now understand why I don’t want summer to end? Summer is ice cream season. And I just don’t want to wait three more seasons before I can make this again.
So I’m going to ignore the fact that the leaves are turning. I’m going to resist the temptation to put on a sweater as the evenings grow chilly. I’m in complete denial that school and fall go hand-in-hand. And I’m going to continue eating this ice cream.
I am after all training for a half marathon (two weeks away, eek!) and bananas are a runner’s best friend.
Two ingredient ice cream from bananas and Nutella.
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled, sliced and frozen
- 3 tablespoons Nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread
- Place the frozen bananas in a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. This will take a bit of work, but the bananas will become smooth.
- Add in the Nutella, processing until evenly mixed.
- Eat right away for a soft serve-texture. Or freeze until hardened.
Make sure you peel and slice the bananas before freezing, it will make the processing much quicker.
Inspired by The Kitchn