Double Chocolate Espresso Biscotti

by Allison @ Alli 'n Son on May 19, 2013

I’m sitting here, at my computer, and there’s a real chance that I may not be able to get up again.

You see, I spent the morning running on a relay team for a marathon. I tackled the first two legs, to get my miles in for my up coming second half marathon. Those two legs put me at 10.5 miles.

In approximately 1 hour and 25 minutes.

That’s about 8:15 a mile.

Yea, I’m pretty speedy.

Untitled

That’s me, second from the left, squinting in the sun, looking sweaty, disheveled and all sorts of sexy.

The rest of the morning was spent cheering on the rest of my relay team, my two younger sisters and my aunt, as they each took a leg of the race. And then finally, after running the last 0.8 mile and crossing the finish line together, we huddled together, waiting anxiously for my brother-in-law to finish his very first full marathon.

That’s 26.2 miles people.

Then, I drove home to the chatter of my very favorite pod cast, Another Mother Runner, said a quick hello to the boys, Hubs and my mother-in-law, and then headed right back out the door.

To power yoga. Hot, steamy, kick-your-butt kind of yoga.

Why you may be wondering?

Because I’m a crazy person. That’s why. That can be the only explanation.

So, here I sit, wondering if I’ll actually make it to bed tonight or just fall asleep at the computer. But while I’m sitting, I’m thinking of tomorrow morning. And coffee.

The coffee that will get me going in the morning. The coffee that gets me through the afternoon. The coffee which is my little piece of silence in an otherwise chaotic day.

I’m normally a black coffee drinker, but from time to time I like to sweeten it up a little. A touch of homemade creamer or, when the season calls for it, homemade iced coffee, will often fill my afternoon cup.

But starting today, I’m taking my afternoon coffee unsweetened, but with a side of a crunchy, sweet, chocolate-filled cookie.

Double chocolate espresso biscotti

Biscotti. A cookie made just for coffee.

I’ve never been much of a biscotti person in the past, but as I was browsing through My Catholic Kitchen wide variety of recipes, my assignment for this month’s Secret Recipe Club, this recipe kept popping up. Chocolate. Espresso. Cookie.

This recipe, it wouldn’t be denied. It cried out to be made. It demanded that I eat one…two…three of them at a time with a hot cup of coffee.

Double chocolate espresso biscotti

Who was I to deny that these cookies be made?

As a former biscotti hater, let me tell you, these double chocolate espresso biscotti, are the to-die-for, the perfect, the best way to satisfy a sweet tooth that must be accompanied by a cup of coffee.

Double chocolate espresso biscotti

I’m forever hooked on biscotti. There. I said it.

Double Chocolate Espresso Biscotti

Double Chocolate Espresso Biscotti

White and dark chocolate chip in a chocolate espresso biscotti, the perfect afternoon snack with a cup of coffee.

• 1/3 cup butter softened
  • 2/3 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons instant coffee
  • 2 teaspoons hot water
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 cup white whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone liners.
  2. In a small bowl dissolve the instant coffee in the hot water. Set aside.
  3. In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together the butter, sugar, cocoa and baking powder. Add eggs one at a time, beating until combined. Add the coffee. Slowly add in the flour, the mixture will be thick. Stir in chocolate chips.
  4. Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a log, about 8 inches long. Place the logs side by side on the prepared cookie sheet. Lightly flatten the logs with the palm of your hand until they are about 2-3 inches wide
  5. Bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees.
  6. Allow the cookie logs to cool on the pan for one hour. Slice the logs diagonally, about 1/2 inch thick. Lay slices on a cookie sheet, cut side down and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes (or longer if your slices are thicker), until the cookies are very crisp. Cool on rack.
  7. Store in airtight container for up to 1 week.

Notes

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

• No Related Posts

1 Sweet as Sugar Cookies May 20, 2013 at 12:17 am

Yum, biscotti is always such a treat. And, of course, anything with chocolate is the best of all.

2 Veronica Gantley May 20, 2013 at 12:39 pm

I am so glad you liked my biscotti! I am addicted to them. It is one of my favorite recipes.

3 Karen - Cinnamon Freud May 20, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Congrats on your marathon! These biscotti look great, a perfect treat to start off the morning.

4 Lisa {AuthenticSuburbanGourmet} May 20, 2013 at 10:55 pm

This looks very tasty! Glad to be part of SRC group C with you!

5 Jen @JuanitasCocina May 21, 2013 at 5:24 pm

I adore biscotti and I’m always looking for new flavors! Can’t wait to make this!

6 Kitchen Belleicious May 21, 2013 at 8:52 pm

i love biscotti and I would love try this recipe out

7 KgReciPes January 27, 2014 at 1:03 am

I think it will be so testy. but is this safe for tooth decay?

8 Abo October 16, 2014 at 12:21 am

Love those photos! You are so lucky to be going to France this sumemr. I am so very jealous. You will have to take loads of pictures. Have fun on your upcoming trip to Boston.

9 ערכת פריצת מנעולים ברמת גן January 4, 2015 at 2:23 am

hello!,I like your writing so a lot! proportion we keep up a correspondence more
about your post on AOL? I need an expert on this space to solve my problem.
Maybe that is you! Taking a look forward to look you.

10 Felicia January 18, 2015 at 8:33 pm

This can be difficult if you have developed bad habits over the years.

The reduction of calories and the increase of exercise should be approached in increments not to exceed 5% per week.
A terrific technique to reduce weight will include slowly reducing the number of calories people consume daily.

11 profit masters academy wiki January 21, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Maximum ultra-successful online moneymakers have
additional than just one possibility, of make money online.
even rotate them into the auction part of e – Bay to gain exposure to your e – Bay store.

I am a collector, a researcher, a marketer for this topic.

12 kids toys age 2 to 4 January 21, 2015 at 11:38 pm

Hence, unless you want to learn everything the difficult way, always ensure
that you keep in mind the budget while selecting comforters and bedding for your kids.
You might want to include small plastic toys in the center of your soaps, and they get it once they have
finished washing with the soap. You will be waiting around for quite
some time to see the sodium slow down to a stop – it will start to jump less frequently but it will keep going – believe me.

13 bed bath and beyond registry January 22, 2015 at 5:12 am

Toddlers in general love the water and have no fear – in they go, ready or not.
Elegantly made truly to fulfill all the long needs, BSF baby Grace 4-in-1
Cribs are made intently for the little one’s life. · Usually do not
hang dish towels on oven door as baby can pull towel and bring the entranceway into the bridge
of his nose.

14 פורץ מנעולים 24 שעות באזור ירושלים February 7, 2015 at 12:47 am

Wow! After all I got a web site from where I know how to really
get valuable facts concerning my study and knowledge.

15 make money selling ebooks online February 26, 2015 at 10:24 am

Below is an overview of the different types
of premium SMS projects you can underttake as part of you marketing campaign. Sites like Facebook
and Twitter exudes a friendlier and more casual feel.
It’sessential that communicational techniques are cheap for boh the
customer, buut alsso the mobile marketer.

16 engine code reader February 26, 2015 at 10:15 pm

Sometimes these are for educational or utilitarian reasons.
This is a question that more and more small companies have to ask themselves as people.
Real estate mobile marketing gives realtors new, fresh ways to reach out to potential clients.