Frozen S’more Banana Pops

by Allison @ Alli 'n Son on August 18, 2013

I’ll let you in on a little secret. I’m slightly obsessive with food right now. Well, always, but I’m obsessive with two foods in particular.

Bananas and avocados.

I eat both of these on a near daily basis. Why you may ask? Because they are magic foods.

Magic running foods.

Bananas help fuel my legs as I push them through miles I never dreamed I could run (15 miles coming up this weekend…).

Bananas because they help my overused, overtired, but damn sexy legs recover from the ridiculous miles that I demand from them every week (44+ miles last week).

Avocados because they somehow keep my legs from giving out. They somehow help with recovery. They somehow keep my energy levels up even after the most difficult of runs.

Avocados because they are damn tasty.

My obsessive love for these two foods brought up a serious dilemma for Secret Recipe Club. Should I pick a banana recipe, because duh, bananas are freaking awesome. Or should I pick an avocado recipe, because duh, avocados are flipping amazing.

Bananas or avocado? Avocado or bananas?

It’s an age old question.

So I sifted through any and all recipes by Deanna and Serena from Teaspoon of Spice and I obsessed for days over what to make. Bacon and Roasted Garlic Guacamole? Avocado Vanilla Fruit Dip? Avocado Lime PopsiclesLime Creamsicle Tortilla Crunch Pie? These all had my mouth watering, and my curiosity peaked since I haven’t gone sweet with avocados. Yet.

But wait, my decision wasn’t going to be that easy. Because there was also Baked Banana and Berry Breakfast Cups. Skinny Banana SplitsPeanut Butter Banana Chocolate Eclairs.

Do you understand the kind of stress I was under, picking a recipe?

And then, there, staring me in the face, was the recipe that ultimately won. Frozen Banana S’mores.

Partly because the staring ingredient is banana.

Untitled

Partly because they are super, duper easy.

Untitled

Partly because I love anything chocolate.

Untitled

Partly because I could make it with the Kiddo.

Untitled

Partly because filled up an empty summer afternoon.

Untitled

Untitled

But mostly because, well, I love bananas, chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows. Especially when thrown together into a tasty, frozen, summer-satisfying treat.

Untitled

Happy, happy summer.

Untitled

Frozen S’more Banana Pops

Frozen S’more Banana Pops

The essential summer treat: frozen bananas dripped in chocolate and covered in graham cracker crumbs and marshmallows.

• 3 bananas
  • 1 sheet cinnamon graham crackers, crumbled
  • Giant handful mini marshmallows (about 3/4 cup)
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
  • 6 popsicle sticks (optional)

1. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
  2. Peel bananas and cut in half. Insert popsicle sticks, if using, and freeze for 20 minutes.
  3. While the bananas are freezing, assemble the rest of the ingredients. In two small bowls place the graham cracker crumbs and marshmallows.
  4. In a microwave-safe bowl add the chocolate chips and oil. Microwave for 30 seconds on 50% power. Stir. Repeat until melted.
  5. Remove bananas from freezer and working quickly, cover bananas in melted chocolate. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs and place on cookie sheet. Repeat with the rest of the banana halves.
  6. Dip one end of a marshmallow in the remaining chocolate and stick it to the chocolate-covered bananas.
  7. Place chocolate-covered bananas in the freezer for at least 2 hours to harden.
  8. Before eating, let the bananas sit at room temperature for 5 minutes to soften just a bit.
  9. Once bananas have been frozen, store them in a gallon-sized freezer bag.

Notes

Slightly adapted from Teaspoons of Spice

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

1 Toni August 19, 2013 at 2:14 pm

These are genius! My kiddos will thank you for these!

2 Jess @ Flying on Jess Fuel August 19, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Yum!! These look delicious… and it’s nice that they’re relatively healthy! Great SRC pick.

3 Deanna Segrave-Daly August 19, 2013 at 6:20 pm

So excited to see that you made these from our blog and what a fab post :) I too love love bananas and avocados (you have to check out our 60+ avocado, crazy good recipes from last weeks Recipe ReDux contest on our blog when you get a chance :) And you go girl with your running – very impressive.

4 Liz August 19, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Looks like you have a winning recipe on your hands! And is that a Packers’ jersey your cutie pie is wearing??? Smart boy!!!

5 Lisa {AuthenticSuburbanGourmet} August 19, 2013 at 9:50 pm

What a cleaver dessert! From your post, looks like your kids devoured these. Glad to be part of SRC group C with you.

6 Karen - Cinnamon Freud August 20, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Love these! Reminds me of treats I used to get on the boardwalk when I was a kid.

7 Serena August 21, 2013 at 6:05 pm

OK, now I’m to go back and read this post again because it makes me smile all the way thru! Thanks for the smiles…and making my recipe! (:

8 harrison August 22, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I’m often in order to blogging and that i really thank you for your content. The article has really mountains my curiosity. I am going to book mark your site whilst checking for brand new information.

9 Bernadette Z. Marlor September 26, 2014 at 1:02 pm

My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find nearly all of your post’s to be what
precisely I’m looking for. Do you offer guest writers to write content for yourself?

I wouldn’t mind publishing a post or elaborating on some of the subjects you write related to
here. Again, awesome web site!

10 supplies arizona cardinals jersey October 19, 2014 at 10:07 pm

Hi, of course this post is actually good and I have learned
lot of things from it regarding blogging.

thanks.

11 Mona January 4, 2015 at 9:40 am

Just would like input on few general things, The website design is excellent, the articles are very great : D.

12 safe skin lightening cream January 7, 2015 at 11:47 am

In order to grab one of the most suitable lotion,
an individual will need to learn about her or his skin forms.
Hydrogen Peroxide – This is a little stronger than lemon juice.

When purchasing skin bleaching creams, look for those that have safe and natural ingredients such
as kojic acid, azelaic acid, vitamin C, mulberry extract,
licorice extract and ascorbic acid, which is also known as lemon juice extract
and works effectively to brighten your skin gradually.

13 Yolanda February 7, 2015 at 4:23 am

Some claim grapefruit seed extract helps preserve and extend the lifespan of soap,
but yoou may want tto ask yourself first, “Whaat is in my homemade soap that I
need to preserve. Look forr restaurants that say “No MSG” on the menu or for soups that have “No MSG” on their label.
These capsules are easy and convenient to tske
everyday.

14 lap band weight loss surgery February 11, 2015 at 12:22 am

Some claim grapefruit seed extract helps preserve
and extend the lufespan of soap, but you may want to ask yourself first,
“What is in my homemade soap that I need to
preserve. Learn to manage how you feel without taking the assistance
of food, for iif you take the help of food to douse your emotions, you might never anticipate to slim down. Tese capsules arre easy and convenient to
taie everyday.

15 online weight loss journal February 12, 2015 at 9:23 am

Wilkinson, who gave birth to daughter Alijah Mary in May 2014,
is now at her pre-baby weight, although she’s still dieting and exercising to get toned.
” Spend some time thinking about the thoughts that get you into the state of discouragement and choose to say something different, something more empowering. Obesity is a major concern in the health sector today.

16 flat stomach pillow March 26, 2015 at 9:20 am

* Rplace breads and other starchy high carbohydrate foods with fruits and vegetables.
The only way is a properly planned diet and daily exercise.

It will bring you remarkable slimming esult to do brisk walking,
jogging, swimming, aerobics, and bicycling.

17 Unical April 10, 2015 at 7:21 am

This is great and simply recipe. I love that :)

18 end times prophecy youtube June 13, 2015 at 7:58 am

Hi to every one, the contents existing at this web site are truly awesome for people
knowledge, well, keep up the good work fellows.

19 https://Www.evernote.com/shard/s577/sh/050fddfc-43e5-44be-be57-13b3abb71aae/1c8c2e16fe94ad6b600c2d6148adaf32 August 15, 2015 at 9:09 am

En el caso que solo quiera bajar el servicio de su servidor FTP solo deber cambiar la palabra restart
por stop.